Cheesecake in Natural Containers


 
These are to die for and can be made in just a few minutes for a quick elegant dessert. Great for a potluck or as snacks on Super Bowl Sunday too. 

You need: 

dozen or more large strawberries
8 oz cream cheese (I used low fat)
8 oz cool whip
2-4 TBSP powdered sugar
1-2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
Chocolate syrup, melted chocolate or shaved chocolate (optional)

  • Cut out the stem, making a little hollow in the top of the berry.
  • Mix softened cream cheese,cool whip, powdered sugar and vanilla. 
  • Put the mixture in a ziploc bag and cut off a small corner to pipe the filling inside. 
  • Top with graham cracker crumbs or dip in upside down.
You can leave out the cool whip if you like, I think it's a bit heavy with just the cheese, but that's just me :) I think for a romantic dessert I might dip them in chocolate, or maybe drizzle chocolate on them.  A mint leaf also dresses them up.

I always want to experiment with how well or long they will store in the refrigerator but they're always scarfed up with no leftovers. So i you have any leftovers,  let me know how they taste the next day.  I won't hold my breath.  hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...